Privacy Notice – Highlights
Last Updated: September 28, 2023
What Information We Obtain
- Information you provide when you use the TravelExcellence Service, including when you sign up for newsletters, order subscriptions, create an account or register for a membership through the TravelExcellence Service. This may include your contact, payment or demographic information.
- Information you submit when you choose to participate in a survey, sweepstakes, contest, promotion, event or similar initiative.
- Information you give us about others, such as a friend’s contact information when you order a gift subscription.
- Information collected by automated means such as cookies or pixels. This may include information about your device and browser, including IP address or mobile device advertising identifiers, as well as information about how you and others use, interact with or respond to the TravelExcellence Service. This collection may take place while you are using a TravelExcellence Service.
- Precise location information associated with your device when location services are active.
- Information we obtain from other sources, such as business partners, data suppliers and social media platforms.
How We Use Information We Obtain
- To process your requests and provide you with the TravelExcellence Service, including to deliver customized content or recommendations. Note that we use your payment card information (such as your card number and expiration date) for limited purposes such as to process your transaction (including recurring payments, if applicable), to provide you with the requested products or services and to protect our rights or the rights of others.
- To learn about users of the TravelExcellence Service and analyze how you and others interact with and respond to the TravelExcellence Service.
- To communicate with you, including to send you marketing and promotional communications.
- For advertising and marketing purposes, including to deliver targeted ads, for cross-device linking and to analyze the performance of advertising and marketing activities.
- To protect our rights and the rights of others.
To send periodic emails
The email address you provide for filling out forms, registering or order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related promotional, product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, reply to the email with the word Unsubscribe in the Subject Line and we will remove you from future mailings.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We use a secure server hosted by a third party service provider. Credit card transactions are processed by a third party merchant gateway with bank level security and encryption. Thus sensitive information is only accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
We routinely include or offer third party products or services on our website or link to other websites for commercial purposes. An example of this practice is affiliate advertisements appearing on our website for various merchants. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.